Whether you’re a freshly attuned Reiki enthusiast or someone looking to attend therapy sessions, it’s only normal to wonder how many Reiki sessions are needed to achieve a specific outcome.
But this question can take many paths.
You may refer to the physical imbalances you’re trying to heal, your emotional distress, or the awareness stages you may want to reach.
In general, it’s possible to see results after the first 3-4 sessions, but this highly depends on your situation and needs.
Therefore, let’s explore the approach from a broader standpoint as well as specific situations I’ve encountered over the years.
Either way, by the end of this article, you’ll hopefully leave with a better understanding and realistic expectations to make the most out of your Reiki experience.
How Many Reiki Sessions Are Needed To Make Reiki Work
Reiki is not a quick fix.
Spiritual practices and energy healing, in general, create the opportunity for a beautiful life-long journey. They offer each of us the chance to learn more about ourselves, discover the unseen, and surface our true potential.
That’s why approaching Reiki or any other similar practice from this perspective is a win from the start.
If you’re looking for a magic pill that will hide your symptoms overnight, you’re certainly in the wrong place, and Reiki is not for you.
Fortunately, once this aspect is sorted out, it’s much easier to look into the future, visualize the outcome you’re trying to achieve, and work toward that goal with enthusiasm and faith.
That’s why wondering, “how many Reiki sessions are needed for X or Y” is a good question to ask in the beginning so you can arrive at this answer:
Reiki is a life-long journey that starts with small but consistent steps.
Ideally, you should make it a daily habit or at least practice at regular intervals.
It’s true that life gets in the way, and sometimes Reiki may look like a “chore.”
Its beauty, though, lies in its flexibility. So, even the slightest effort can ignite part of its potential.
Activating the Reiki symbols on your chakras or placing your palms with a clear intention in certain hand positions is sometimes enough to provide a minimal healing effect.
That’s how the number of sessions becomes irrelevant.
The same applies if you’re looking to receive Reik from someone else. It takes time for the results to show, and you become responsible for what you do between the sessions.
Turn The Odds In Your Favor
A healthy lifestyle, less stress, and a positive attitude will go a long way.
Even if you don’t practice Reiki, you can take 10 minutes for yourself each day, close your eyes, and just sit and relax. Empty your mind and let your breathing guide this moment of peace.
These small steps might seem insignificant at first. Still, if you’re struggling with obvious imbalances, such actions will contribute to your overall state of well-being.
Once you reinstate equilibrium into your life, at least to some extent, you can get more selective.
That’s the moment when certain issues begin to surface, and you grow more aware of what’s been holding you back and the blockages that require your attention.
It’s also when you want to…
Use Reiki For Specific Situations
Each individual has unique needs, and no situation can resemble another.
We all learn from past behavior and experiences, but developing one universal solution is close to impossible.
Still, in general, you can use Reiki to help heal:
- Emotional imbalances such as depression, anxiety, fear, or grief;
- Faulty perception of reality like paranoia, OCD, judgment, and criticism towards others;
- Physical issues – considering that we are tributary to the laws of the physical plane, this is where we find the broadest range of problems. Yet, most physical symptoms result from emotional and spiritual imbalances. That’s why healing those levels first is the best way to see results in the physical plane;
- Karmic debts – as previously mentioned, what we experience here, on Earth, is a manifestation of many “unseen” elements. Karmic debts are one of them. Balancing them means dissolving the low-vibrational energies and damaging programs you may have generated in past lives. You now have the opportunity to “make things right,” grow as an individual, and develop spiritually through the universal life force energy flow;
As you can see, there’s quite a vast array of situations that you can address with Reiki. Each will have its particularities, and the Reiki sessions needed to balance things out will be directly linked to the amount of energy you’ll have to work with.
In fact, Hawayo Takata contributed to the release of her therapy session notes which contained procedures for many health imbalances that one may have.
These notes were split into chapters containing pictures and explanations, thus creating the first systematized written content that explained how to treat specific physical imbalances and how many Reiki sessions are needed for these cases.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common examples.
How Many Reiki Sessions Are Needed For Anxiety
Anxiety has become one of the most common emotional-related issues in the past few decades. Left untreated, it can easily lead to various mental and physical imbalances.
It seems to emerge from misinterpreting your inner world or accepting the outer, general environment.
This disconnect creates disharmony, a drop in confidence, and, eventually, a state of helplessness.
Unfortunately, addressing big issues takes a lot of time and effort. Still, many benefits can come from improving your surroundings.
Your world can literally change, your mood can improve, and your confidence levels can increase by simply taking small steps in the right direction.
Learning more about yourself, your energetic system, and how this magnificent mechanism influences your well-being, it’s the first stage toward diminishing your anxiety levels.
In our case…
Restlessness is connected to the root chakra. In turn, this creates an imbalance with the solar plexus chakra. If your brain’s vibration is not strong enough, the energy generated by anxiety will overwhelm you. With time, this will sabotage your perception of the world around you.
Therefore, you first need to provide close attention to your third eye, solar plexus, and root chakras.
Reiki is an accessible and efficient way to balance these energy centers by removing stagnant energy and raising their vibration.
But true healing comes from noticing the messages that emerge and becoming aware of the root cause.
Each session will open you up spiritually and make the signs you need to take note of visible.
Progress varies from one individual to the next. Still, when set in motion, the anxiety levels should begin decreasing after the first two weeks of daily practice.
How Many Reiki Sessions Are Needed For Depression
Similar to anxiety, depression requires between 10-15 days of daily self-treatment to notice a difference.
A similar scenario applies if you want to receive Reiki from a practitioner. Of course, it really depends on the severity of your depression. Still, usually, twice a week for about a month and a half should be enough to start seeing results.
NOTE: Always consider seeing a professional doctor if you have doubts and need additional clarification. Reiki is a complementary way of healing and is not intended to replace allopathic medicine.
Where Does Depression Come From
Depression emerges from imbalances in the soul.
Specifically, when a breach is created at the heart chakra level, you become vulnerable to the influences that lead to this type of feeling.
For example, it’s common to experience depression after an intense emotional trauma or even when you miss someone dear or a place close to your heart.
This affects your soul, breaking it into pieces that remain stuck in past events.
Your job now is to bring back these lost parts and make your soul whole again. You can do this through the basic Reiki hand positions by focusing on 3 main areas:
- Crown chakra – this is the central conductor of universal life force energy. Sending Reiki to this energy center will help unblock the flow, allowing fresh, pure light to enter your body; – Read more about the crown chakra >>
- Heart chakra – is the next element you need to address due to the emotional layers it generates;
- Sacral chakra – supports your ability to manifest sensuality and sexuality. Whether it’s about offering or receiving, these are essential aspects of your well-being. Healing the sacral chakra will also encourage you to socialize more. Interacting with people is a natural and fun way to support your fight against depression.
How Many Reiki Sessions Are Needed For Healing Romantic Relationships
Before we move any further, let’s first define the most common types of romantic relationships. Making this distinction will help you better position yourself, identify the issues objectively, and hopefully address them efficiently.
From a spiritual perspective, I believe there are 3 main types of romantic relationships:
In this case, the partners exist as a sphere of light. Their relationship becomes self-sufficient needing nothing else. Yet, there’s a risk of overlooking the need to learn new things and grow from a spiritual perspective. Fortunately, this is easier to overcome than any other obstacle and, frankly, a challenge that should bring excitement and joy.
These individuals reunite to balance the energy and information generated in past lives. This is the most common type and can last from a few months to a lifetime.
Although sometimes it can look like a disaster, these encounters are crucial to one’s growth. The key is to accept them as lessons rather than blaming your partner for whatever happened. You attracted the other person for a reason. Therefore, there’s something inside of you that resonates with that individual.
This is a spiritual lesson that can bring many benefits. Once you acknowledge its value and begin to look deep inside, you can progress at a whole new level. It’s a journey you can experience with or without your partner. There’s no rule, and only you can determine the best solution.
This type of relationship results from an oath made in past lives to be together for eternity. In general, this implies a lot of volatility as past feelings might not match the current conditions.
Why Making This Distinction Matters
As you can clearly see, the type of relationship you are in will greatly imapact your development.
The sooner you begin to understand its nature, the quicker you’ll learn how to navigate its challenges.
Each type has advantages and disadvantages. The good news is that the relationship is not the goal but finding the will to develop as an individual, cultivate your spiritual side, and eventually offer the best version of yourself to the world.
That’s where Reiki can help because you can use it to dissolve personal blockages, balance the past, and support the present for your greater good and those involved.
How To Use Reiki To Help Heal Romantic Relationships
You can always go to a Reiki Master for guidance and therapy. She should point you in the right direction as the information emerges with each session.
Ideally, you should practice Reiki together with your partner.
If that’s not an option, you should never send Reiki to anyone without their approval.
Still, you can work on yourself and your past by gradually growing your awareness. This will surface important questions and guide you toward the correct answers.
The following methods involve both individuals, but you can do it on your own, just for yourself and for the greater good of your encounters.
Here’s how it goes:
- Activate your palms using the Cho Ku Rei + Sei He Ki + Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen + Shika Sei Ki sequence. Add Dai Ko Myo if you are attuned to level 3 Usui Reiki. Consider adding symbols from other systems if you have those attunements;
- Activate your chakras with Cho Ku Rei + Sei He Ki to filter any residual energies that might occur during the process;
- If it’s just you, use the distance healing method – you do this to heal the “relationship concept” and receive the correct information for your greater good and the people involved. Whether this means that you’ll break up or not, it doesn’t matter. We often don’t know what’s best for us and don’t want to influence anything. That’s why we ask for guidance and not for things to manifest in a certain way. After you activate your palms and chakras, use the same sequence of Reiki symbols to open an energetic gateway in front of you. Send energy for the greater good of your relationship for 10-15 minutes each day for about two weeks;
- When practicing Reiki with your partner – activate your palms and energy centers as mentioned above. If only one is attuned to Reiki, that person should activate the palms and energy centers of the other. Face each other, connect through your palms, and close your eyes. Focus on your breathing and try to empty your mind. Declare your intention to heal your relationship in the best way possible and allow the energy to flow freely. Do this daily for 10-15 minutes for about two weeks. After each session, you should share your feelings and express your thoughts without judging or getting angry.
How To Make The Most Out Of Your Reiki Sessions
Reiki is a lifelong journey, a learning experience, and a quest for self-discovery.
Having said that, when you have a burning issue is normal to wonder how many Reiki sessions you need to make those symptoms disappear.
For the most part, whether you’re practicing on yourself or receiving Reiki from others, you should see improvements after the first few sessions. Still, give it a good 10-15 meetings to understand how the imbalance occurred and what you need to protect yourself moving forward.
Of course, take into account the severity of the issue and even if you want to heal. As crazy as it may sound, some people don’t want to recover. That’s an important question to ask yourself or discuss with your Reiki Master.
Furthermore, use the methods presented in this article to diminish the harmful effects of past experiences. Once you do that, it’s best to maintain a healthy state. As you would with a diet, make sure to regularly show up for those Reiki sessions, practice self-treatment, eat well, and exercise. All these will contribute to a general state of well-being.
From an energetic standpoint, it’s good to send healing light to your relationships, emotional state, or past from time to time. You cover most of what’s needed through self-treatment. Still, taking a focused approach to direct the flow toward that specific issue will maintain balance and prevent harmful influences from affecting you.
Do this once a week to complement your regular therapy.